Mr. Alpinieri, is the sole shareholder of Steven Alpinieri, CPA, An Accountancy Corporation formed in 2010. His areas of practice include individual, corporate, partnership, and trust and estate taxes, accounting, attest services and consulting on general and other business matters.
Mr. Alpinieri is a graduate of San Diego State University where he received his Bachelor of Science in Applied Arts and Sciences Business Administration (Accounting). Prior to forming Steven Alpinieri, CPA An Accountancy Corporation, he was the assurance services partner of another local CPA firm in La Jolla since 2002, and been in public accounting since 1997, and the Controller of an advanced materials company in San Diego.
Mr. Alpinieri was issued his license to practice as a Certified Public Accountant in February 2000.
Mr. Alpinieri’s technical expertise is performing audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements and consulting for closely held companies. His experience includes work for manufactures, distributors, construction contractors, internet companies, 401(k) audits, and non-profit organizations.
Steve has been instrumental in providing clients timely financial information and detailed management recommendations on internal control and aspects of operations.
Advising clients regarding estate, tax and gift planning, and business tax. This includes preparation of estate, trust, gift, entities, and individual tax return. It also includes reading the buy-sell agreements, incorporation documents, and other internal business documents.
Counsel individuals in setting up non-profit and applying for tax exempt status with Internal Revenue Service. Advise on compliance with federal tax law and IRS regulation and rulings, as well as state and local jurisdiction corporate, licensing, and tax law regarding activities of non-profit organization.
Steve is extremely client centric and looks for every legal tax advantage available. He brings value in his depth of knowledge of the tax rules.
• 4 years of audits for a hi-tech company resulting in a sale price of over $150M to a NASDAQ company.
• 2 years of audits of a distributor resulting in terminating a sale to save the owner millions
• Audit of a technology company resulting in a multi-million dollar sale to a pre-IPO company
• Multi-year of audit of local construction company
• Consultation on accounting requirements for bond
• Estate tax return of an estate over $15M in assets
• Pension plan audit with pension assets of $15M
• Court required trust accounting for multiple years
• Served as trustee for a client with a multi-million dollar estate resulting in an increase in net assets in the trust
• Obtained tax credits for various companies resulting in multi-million dollar tax savings.
• Assisted with a payroll taxes resulting in reducing the assessment from in excess of $750,000 to under $50,000.
Mr. Walsh is an Accountant/Consultant at Steven Alpinieri, CPA with over 20 years of experience, spanning several industries including manufacturing, aerospace, and technology. He is results-oriented, detailed professional with a proven track record to maximize business objectives. Professional expertise includes:
Full Financial Statement Creation Responsible for HR and Payroll
Strong Accounting Systems Knowledge 401K Trustee and Reporting
Developing Internal Controls Cash Management
Budgeting & Forecasting Financial Analysis & Reporting
Supervised Accounting and IT/Engineering Staff Business Modeling
Mr. Walsh is former controller who handles all clients’ needs from accounting work to budget and forecasts. On behalf of his clients works with various government agencies including IRS, Franchise Tax Board, EDD to solve problems. He has the ability to work with different accounting systems and software including: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Great Plains, American Contractor, Forefront, SBT, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Lotus Notes, Lotus-123, FoxPro and other programs. Mr. Walsh has obtained his Bachelors of Science, Finance and Economics, from Chapman University and takes continuing education courses to upgrade his skills and expand knowledge base.
REPRESENTATION AND TRANSACTION
• Instrumental in sale of company resulting in $157.7 million buyout by Akamai Technologies, Inc. Completed multiyear financial audits and multistate tax returns with outside CPA’s.
• Major cleanup of prior financial reporting resulting in audited restated financials.
• Took company from near insolvency to a highly profitable market leader by reducing operating costs, streamlining billing and reducing average account receivable collections to 36 days from over 70.
• Implemented timely monthly and yearly accounting closes by improving the closing processes within the accounting system and introducing new accounting procedures. Reduced monthly close to 10 calendar days from 20.
• Stabilized accounting system and related operations. Saved company $250,000 in consulting costs.
• Accounting/Finance Department directs all financial operations for $27 million Construction Company.
• Initiated new banking relationship. Responsible for increasing revolving credit line by $1.5 million. Negotiated term loan of $3 million and personal loans for company owner and president.
• Obtained financing for over $10 million in equipment purchases and leases.
• Directed outside independent auditors in yearly financial review.
• Supervised staff Accounting, and related personnel.